Here you can see the classic of jewelry - awesome pearl post earrings! They are one of a kind, as they have been hand crafted of freshwater pearls and 14k gold filled studs by me in my studio! The gold stud earrings are universal: they can go well with everyday wear as well as with outfits for special occasions! The pearl earrings are a great bridal earrings option, as pearl symbolizes purity and youth! The studs come with a gift packing, ready for gift giving!
White pearl stud earrings - Gold Filled JewelryDetails:
- Length - 15mm (3/5 inch)
- Freshwater white Pearls - 5mm
- Gold filled studs
- Rubber backs
- Shipping is unpaid
Gold studs with pearls
Five interesting facts about pearl
1. In 1599 the Venetian laws governing the consumption of luxury goods intended to outlaw the wearing of pearls for women married for less than 15 years.
2. Pearls have been used for medical purposes for more than two thousand years. Powdered pearls are used in cosmetics, pregnant women in China take it in the powdered form to accelerate bone formation of the fetus. Japanese medicine of the pearls Akoya - "Long-zhu Ye" - was shown as a means of reducing cholesterol levels of experimental rats.
3. Keeping the tradition of Chinese emperors a pearl was put into the mouth of the deceased in order to protect the body from decomposition.
4. Starting from the age of 20 Kokichi Mikimoto, the founder of modern industry of pearls cultivation swallowed two pearls every day at breakfast until the day when in 1954 he died at the age of 94. He believed that pearls prolong life.
5. Until the beginning of the twentieth century pearls were the main precious stones used to decorate wedding rings.